Monday, July 04, 2005

Luther Vandross


A Vocal genius.

Luther passed away this weekend and actually it made me sad. I used to tease the image of the now late-great 80's crooner but truth be told he was for me what Lennon was for children of hippies and before you go knocking that comparison let me just remind you he dueted with Frank Sinatra and early on in his career sang backup for Bowie, spiceing up his song "Young Americans" with the ad lib "I heard the news today, oh boy."

My favorite music critic Kelefa Sanneh delivers a precise epitaph.

And for the novices out there I'd recommend the following songs in descending order:
1 - A House is Not a Home
2 - Never Too Much
3 - Superstar
4 - Having a Party
5 - Here and Now
6 - Since I Lost My Baby
etc...

So I DARE you to not dance suggestively to "Never Too Much" or to not get married in the South to "Here and Now." A chair is still a chair; A chair is not a house; A house is not a home; but a home is definetly not an Omarion ballad.


Where art thou good R&B?



Rest in peace Luther. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Replica HermesBirkin Handbags cixq hermes replicaKelly Hermes Handbags gcyq

7:56 AM, March 30, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home